The For Youth By Youth Scholarship (FYBY) was created in partnership between the Catholic Youth Coalition (CYC) Board and the Diocese of Helena Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry (OYYAM) to nurture and foster a community of believers with equal access to OYYAM event opportunities. The fund was established and continues to be funded through the generous stewardship of both youth and adults in the Diocese of Helena. Funds are meant to be dispersed on a need-basis to assist young people with expenses associated with participating in OYYAM events and activities.
- Registered and active parish participant in the Diocese of Helena
- Active in any grade 1st – 12th or Young Adult Ministry (preference for grades 6-12)
- Recommendation of pastor/youth minister
- Declared need
Step 1: Meet with your pastor/youth minister and discuss the following questions:
- Does the Parish Contact affirm and support your participation in this OYYAM event/program? (Select One): a) Yes, full support; b) Yes, with some reservation; c) No
- How did the Parish Contact rate your participation in parish life? (Select One): a) Full Participation; b) Sufficient Participation; c) Some Participation; d) No Participation
(Note: At minimum, “participation” should include regularly receiving the Sacraments in accordance with Church teaching, especially attending weekend Mass. Full participation should include being active in the life and mission of the parish/school/ministry as age and ability allow – e.g. participates regularly in youth ministry events/programs)
- Will your parish/school/ministry provide financial assistance for you to participate in this event? (Select One): a) Yes; b) No
Step 2: Complete and submit application materials (preferably online) at least two weeks before event.
Step 3: OYYAM will confirm the receipt of the application via email. Then, a decision will be made within 5 business days and notify the applicant via email. (Make sure to provide a valid email address!)
Deadline: All application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the event.
Award Limit: The maximum award for any single scholarship will be 50% of the cost of participation (registration fee) of the event.
Questions: If you have any questions about the application process, contact Kevin Molm at 406.207.1660 or email@example.com.
Submit Application Online (This is preferred!)
In extenuating circumstances, you may submit a paper application via mail to the address below. All materials must be received at least 2 weeks before the event; incomplete or illegible applications will not be considered.
Diocese of Helena – OYYAM
Attn: FYBY Scholarship Application
P.O. Box 1729
Helena, MT 59624