Diocese of Helena, Helena, MT
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena is currently seeking candidates to serve as the Mission Coordinator at the Guatemala Mission. The Diocese of Helena Guatemala Mission consists of the Mission complex, Clinica Maxeña (medical clinic) and Educational Institute Santiago de la Asunción. If you have a calling to promote spiritual growth within the lives of others, support social justice, and provide community outreach, this may be the opportunity for you.
The position of Mission Coordinator is primarily that of an administrator or manager of a facility. The Mission Coordinator acts as the liaison between the Diocese of Helena Mission in Guatemala and the Mission Director based in Helena, MT. The Mission Coordinator is the primary point of contact for any and all individuals or groups visiting the Mission in Santo Tomás la Union once they are in Guatemala. The Coordinator is responsible for arranging / coordinating ground transportation, lodging and meals in Guatemala. Position will begin in December 2018.
Mission Coordinator Job Requirements:
Due to the nature of the life and work at the mission, a Coordinator should consider the position to be “vocational.” As such, a Coordinator may commit to the life and the work of the mission for a period of 6 months to 1 year.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish. Possess the ability able to speak, listen, read, write and comprehend in English and Spanish. Preference given to individual(s) who have completed a Spanish Study Abroad program.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Possess a current United States passport that is valid for at least 3 years
- Preferably possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry or related field or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Has related experience and demonstrates successful leadership in parish and/or diocesan ministry in areas related to this position description.
- Is familiar with ecclesial documents and other significant publications related to this position.
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church and willing to serve others in fulfilling the mission of the Diocese of Helena. Because of the nature of the hiring institution (the Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena), the Mission Coordinator must be fully supportive of the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Married couples that are willing to carry out the mission of the Roman Catholic Church will be considered
- Is self-initiating and possesses good administrative, planning and organizational skills, capable of managing multiple operations and activities at the same time.
- Possesses good public relations skills and is able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a variety of personalities in a positive and professional manner.
- Possesses skills for fostering collaborative ministry and appropriate motivational and persuasive techniques to that end.
- Possesses working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Because of the geographical extent of the Mission territory and the nature of the position, is willing to travel frequently by car or bus on dangerous roads.
- Is available on weekends, evenings and other extended periods as necessary to meet the demands of this position.
- Lives on the Mission grounds.
- Willing to live under the conditions of mission life in Guatemala, e.g. hand-washing one’s laundry, cold showers, limited diet, and hard bed.
- This is a vocational position and is compensated with a living stipend. In addition to a living stipend a limited benefits package is included. Benefits are limited to medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance.
This position is open until filled. Review of applications/resumes will begin 11/1/2018.
If you would like to be a part of the Diocese of Helena and its commitment to the world faith community, please apply online today at www.diocesehelena.org. Click on Resources, then Forms and Documents and then Employment Application. The application is located on the right hand side of the page. The completed application and / or resume can be submitted via mail to the Diocese of Helena, Attn: Carmae Fawaz, PO Box 1729, Helena, MT 59624 or via fax to 442-5191 or via email at CFawaz@diocesehelena.org. For more information or a position description, please contact Carmae Fawaz at (406) 442-5820 or Michael Seipp at (406) 442-5820 or email@example.com.
Diocese of Helena, Helena, MT
Are you looking to grow in an accounting position? The Diocese of Helena is looking for a detailed-oriented, analytical thinker with good communication and organizational skills.
If you have an analytical aptitude, are detail-oriented, appreciate a solid working team, and are working toward an accounting career, you may be the right person for our full-time Accountant position at the Diocese of Helena.
The Diocese of Helena has a strong social-justice mission in our community and the world community. As an employer, we believe in building a strong team through relationship, talking directly to our customers, extending help when needed and living out our social-justice mission.
Your position would be a key component in planning, organizing, managing, and providing direction and oversight for finance, budget and accounting functions and activities of the Financial Services Department.
This position prefers a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or equivalent experience and education with a minimum of one year related experience, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a strong organizational skill set. Salary is $37,500 to $47,500 depending on experience. In addition to a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurances and a 403(b) retirement plan are included.
If you have these skills and want to further your learning opportunities in accounting, please send a resume and cover letter to Carmae Fawaz at the Diocese of Helena, P.O. Box 1729, Helena, MT 59624-1729 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mission Services Program Manager
St. James Healthcare, Location – Butte, MT
- Establishes annual goals, key metrics and outcome measures in alignment with System, Region and Care Site needs related to Mission Integration and Community Benefit at the local ministry level.
- Coordinates various Mission-related programs in alignment with annual goals including oversight of mission council, heritage celebrations, orientation, and ministry formation experiences.
- Leads and/or assists with Community Benefit processes including community health needs assessment, implementation planning, and reporting.
- Leads and/or supports tracking and inventories of community outreach, partnership development, and collaborative planning with public and private stakeholders.
- Coordinates and strengthens relationships with community agencies, churches, and service groups as determined by the needs of the care site.
- Ministers to the religious, spiritual, ethical and emotional needs of patients, families and staff, including occasional night and weekend call coverage.
- Provides support to spiritual care initiatives and programs.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Link to full job description
Missoula Catholic Schools, Missoula, MT
Missoula Catholic Schools, composed of St. Joseph’s Elementary School and Loyola Sacred Heart High School, seeks applications for the position of President.
Link to full job description
Director of Sacred Music – Part Time Position
St Matthew’s Catholic Church, Kalispell, MT
St Matthew’s is a vibrant parish with 800 families and a grade school and is seeking an energetic and talented professional for its Director of Liturgical Music. St Matthew’s is located in beautiful Northwest Montana and is the gateway to Glacier National Park and minutes from Flathead Lake. Position is part-time, salaried with benefits.
Applicants must have excellent communication/organizational skills, strong knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy, and informed understanding of sacred music. Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with Church liturgies, choirs, and an accompanist. Music degree is preferred; proficiency with piano is required, organ, keyboard, and vocal skills are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of Catholic music and liturgy. The ideal candidate should possess confident leadership skills and a spirit of collaboration.
Position responsible for working with Pastor in planning music for weekday and weekend Mass schedule; daily Mass and four Saturday/Sunday Masses [5pm, 8am, 9:30am, 11am], as well as, holy days, special prayer services, and St Matthew’s events. Position also responsible for developing and directing adult choir, utilizing existing volunteer singers, and developing and scheduling cantors. Additional tasks agreed upon.
Two days off per week to be designated. Individual must possess strong desire to work with Pastor and assist in making Mass faithful, prayerful, and beautiful. It is preferred that the Director of Liturgical Music have a Degree in Music or equivalent education. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume to the email below.
Position available December 7, 2017
St Matthew’s Catholic Church
602 S. Main St, Kalispell, MT
Posted: December 6, 2017