Another important step in the pastoral outreach toward victim survivors of sexual abuse was taken as Bishop Thomas presided over healing services from Sep. 30 through Oct. 8, 2015.
Services took place at the following locations.
- Bozeman, Holy Rosary Church
- Butte, St. Patrick Church
- Helena, Cathedral of St. Helena
- Cut Bank, St. Margaret Church
- Columbia Falls, St. Richard Church
- St. Ignatius, St. Ignatius Mission Church
- Missoula, St. Francis Xavier Church
All together, the services were attended by over 1,200 people.
The gathering at St. Ignatius Mission Parish in St. Ignatius, a community with many survivors of clerical sex abuse, was one of the largest along with the Cathedral of St. Helena in Helena and St. Francis Xavier, a Jesuit-run parish in Missoula.
Gatherings were peaceful and reverent, and Bishop Thomas’ homily had a powerful and moving effect on many people.